StarChem™ AC CONC.
Outstanding Leveling Agent/Barré Preventative for Nylon
- Low salt content
- Outstanding migration
- Contains no methylene chloride
- Specially designed for mono- and
disulfonic acid dyes
- Barré coverage
Generally, use 1–2% on weight of goods (owg) StarChem™ AC CONC. for optimum leveling and barré coverage. Overuse of StarChem™ AC CONC. may cause excessive retardation.
- Pre-scour goods as usual.
- Set bath cold [80°F (27°C)] with owg StarChem™ AC CONC..
- Add properly boiled acid dyes.
- Heat to boil with a rate of rise of 3–4°F (1.5–2°C) per minute. Hold for 30–60 min.
- Turn off steam and check shade.
- Dye adds, if necessary, may be made at 180°F (80°C).
- When on shade, drop bath. Rinse thoroughly with cold water for about 20 min.
In carpet dyeing, best results are obtained when the required pH is set with buffers because they maintain the starting pH throughout the dye cycle.
TANATEX® LIQUID BUFFER-IN H AND L is an ideal answer to this need.
In dyeing of fabrics on becks, beams, etc. and
of yarns in package dyeing equipment, the pH may be set with a buffer system or by the acid generating system which is based on the use of ammonium sulfate and ammonia. As the dyeing cycle progresses, the ammonia evaporates and the pH gradually falls from about 8.5 down to 6.5–7.0 thus allowing gradual and complete exhaustion of the dyes.
Typical Physical Properties *