Resinous Amino Silicone Water Repellent
StarPel™ 391 considerably improves performance and demonstrates excellent compatibility when used as an extender for fluorochemical products. The product is non-smoking in nature. However, it does contain waxes for improved water repellency over conventional non-smoking products. This product emits 0.0 lbs/gal VOC by Method #24 testing.
StarPel™ 391 is compatible with most fluorochemical products and considerably improves their performance. Fluorochemical concentrations may be reduced with the use of StarPel™ 391 as an extender resulting in more economical finishes.
- Extremely efficient fluorochemical extender
- Self cross-linking
- Excellent stability and running properties
- Easy to handle — dispersible in room temperature water
- Quartermaster-approved for water repellent treatment of military fabrics
Typical Physical Properties *
Turbid, Yellow Cast
4.0 – 6.0
% Active Solids
8.1 – 8.5 lbs/gal
* These items are provided as general information only. They are approximate values and are not considered part of the product specifications.
For optimum results, StarPel™ 2980 does not need to be cured. Only drying is necessary. A level of 3-5%, StarPel™ 2980 is very effective with no catalyst being required. Normal pad/dry/cure techniques would suffice.
StarPel™ 2980 could be used effectively on polyester/cotton rainwear to obtain durable results—with exceptional economy—using the following examples:
StarPel™ 2980: 5%
StarPel™ 2980 should be stored in closed containers and protected from freezing.