Nonionic Reactive Fluorochemical Extender
- Quartermaster-approved for application on chemical protective fabrics
- Self cross-linking, low foaming
- Extremely efficient fluorochemical extender
- Non-smoking, thereby being ecologically advantageous
- Excellent stability and running properties
- Easy to handle—dispersible in room temperature water
Typical Physical Properties *
2.5 – 3.5
100 cps max
% Solids (Halogen)
24.5 – 25.5
StarPel™ 330R is compatible with most available fluorochemical products and, in a majority of cases, considerably improves their performance. Fluorochemical concentrations may be reduced with the use of StarPel™ 330R as an extender, resulting in more economical finishes.
When used with fluorochemical products, StarPel™ 330R has shown excellent dynamic absorption properties. Whether the product is used with or without resin finishing systems, no additional catalyst is necessary to obtain optimum results. For starting formulations, contact the supplier. Compatibility and shelf life stability testing must be completed when blending StarPel 330R with a fluorocarbon in concentrated form.
DO NOT FREEZE. If exposed to temperatures below 32°F (0°C) for long periods, StarPel™ 330R may freeze. If this occurs, thaw at room temperature and mix well before using.
Under certain storage conditions, the surface of StarPel™ 330R can dry out and form a “crust”. Should this happen, remove the crust before use.