Non-Smoking Reactive Fluorochemical Extender
StarPel™ 391 considerably improves performance and demonstrates excellent compatibility when used as an extender for fluorochemical products. The product is non-smoking in nature. However, it does contain waxes for improved water repellency over conventional non-smoking products. This product emits 0.0 lbs/gal VOC by Method #24 testing.
StarPel™ 391 is compatible with most fluorochemical products and considerably improves their performance. Fluorochemical concentrations may be reduced with the use of StarPel™ 391 as an extender resulting in more economical finishes.
- Extremely efficient fluorochemical extender
- Self cross-linking
- Excellent stability and running properties
- Easy to handle — dispersible in room temperature water
- Quartermaster-approved for water repellent treatment of military fabrics
Water & Oil Repellent Finishes (with or without resin)
2–5% StarPelTM 391 owb
1.5–4% Fluorochemical Product owb
Typical Physical Properties *
5.7 – 6.7
% Active Solids
24.5 – 25.5
Dispersible in Water
* These items are provided as general information only. They are approximate values and are not considered part of the product specifications.
StarPel™ 391 should be stored in closed containers and protected from freezing.
FDA Clearances: 21 CFR 176.170 & 176.180