Pigment Print Softener
StarSoft™ GA is an extremely effective pigment print softener with excellent crock resistance. It may be added to the print paste or applied by pad bath after the print is cured. Significant improvement in wet and dry crock may be obtained by either method of application. StarSoft™ GA has zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs) so it will not generate or promote smoking at elevated temperatures.
- The suggested starting levels of StarSoftTM GA are:
1–3% on weight of print paste (5% has been used for greater softness) or
- 2–4% on weight of pad bath
No catalyst is needed with StarSoftTM GA.
- Improves resistance to crocking and “print off”
- Internal pigment print softener
- Versatile topical softener
- Imparts a soft silky hand
- Improves physical properties of fabrics
- Produces higher quality goods
- Convenient to use; no change in processing
- Improves softness to and improves
crock fastness of pigment prints and various
- Customer appeal on knitted and woven fabrics
- Better sewability, tear strength, and abrasion
Typical Physical Properties *
Less than 300 cps
Dispersible in water
* These items are provided as general information only. They are approximate values and are not considered part of the product specifications.
Drying & Curing
Normal drying: 200–250°F (93–121°C). No cure is required to achieve optimal performance. When used in print formulation, no modifications in processing are needed.
DO NOT FREEZE. If frozen, please contact your StarChem sales representative.